Sunday 12 February 2012

Character Profile

For part of my horror film survey, I have created a character profile for one of the audience members in which I feel our film will be aimed at. In my portfolio, I have written a few paragraphs about different people in which I feel our film could be aimed towards, aswell as taking a picture of each of them in a way that I feel portrays their ideas towards the genre of horror best. Here is a small section of information about one of the people I have chosen to take a picture of and analyse.
The girl in the photograph is 20 years old and is currently studying at the University of Brighton. I took the picture of her outside her house in which she shares with her friends from university. I took the photograph outside as I felt it displayed the idea of her feeling able to explore all different types of horror films and not one particular aspect in particular.
She is dressed for a themed night out in a club during Halloween and is dressed as a dead school girl. The outfit itself I feel says a lot about her views on horror films as it shows that she isn’t put off by all of the blood and gore that the majority of horror films involve. The drink in front of her portrays the idea that she likes going out and partying with friends, suggesting that she perhaps would be more inclined to watch horror films with her friends over family members or others.
Her facial expression is happy and natural possibly suggesting that she enjoys going out with her friends and having a good time. She enjoys all different aspects of horror films, but says that she is least drawn towards films involving clowns and unrealistic mythical creatures as she finds them dull and not as adrenaline fuelled as psychological thrillers and other horror films in which involve a realistic secret murderer.

She gets given money from her parents each month in which she uses to buy essentials, yet she also has a part time job selling tickets for a club in which she gets paid £3 for every ticket she sells. This enables her to have extra money to spend on going out with her friends to places such as the cinema. I have included more information about her in my portfolio to help me understand the different types of audiences that our film will be aimed towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment